Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Post #10 - Subfloor and Frame

Spring has finally come and with it warm weather - it got close to 70 degrees here yesterday. Yay!!

My breakaway switch came this week as well as my junction box for the wiring.  We received the bearings, but the seals were not the right ones - I will have to call etrailer and see if they have items not on their website.

Last week I spray painted the underside and edges of the "belly pan" (5/8" plywood) with 2 coats of undercoating using about 9 cans. Then I flipped it over and covered the seams with 5" of aluminum flashing to tie them together, and covered it with 6" self-adhered flashing. It shouldn't leak

Once that was done I layed out the framework for the floor that I'd cut and marked a few weeks ago.  It got glued, stapled, nailed and screwed together - nice and strong.  Some would probably say I did too much, but more is sometimes better in my opinion.   Next week I'll be tackling the insulation between the studs, and putting on the plywood for the floor.  I'll be using this as a platform to work on the cabinets and framework for the sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment