Saturday, May 5, 2018

Post #12 - Wheel wells & battery box

Thursday May 3rd, I cleaned up the wheel wells, straightened the edges and flattened the nail holes.  I plan on spraying undercoating on the inside to help protect them from rocks and other debris.  I've ordered new wheels from Vintage Trailer Supply and they should be here next week.

I also cleaned up the edges of all the windows a little - most of the butyl tape residue is gone... I do need to replace 3-4 cracked window panes when I get back to working on them. 

Joe spent the day creating a new battery box for the front of the trailer. cutting and welding it together.  It's going to look sharp and protect the battery, junction box, and breakaway switch battery & box. 

I'll post photos when they are all done.
Here are a few photos of the battery box Joe made for the trailer this past weekend, after paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment