Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Post # 11 - Bearings and floor insulation

These past few days have been spent re-greasing the bearings, replacing what needed to be replaced (seals, bearings, z rings), fixing what needed to be fixed and reinstalling into the hubs. Glad I have a multi talented husband that is willing to do that for me.

I ordered a styrofoam cutter from Amazon and it came today, so I cut all the 1.5" foam for the floor insulation and got it installed.  Worked out wonderfully - wished I'd gotten the cutter years ago... I just can't seem to get a knife to cut smoothly and I always leave little pebbles of styrofoam everywhere when I use one.  Melting it is way less messy - I love it.

I also spent a little time pulling the old butyl tape from my window edges, and checked over my range hood. I've got 3 broken jalousie windows I'll need to replace eventually, and many seals to replace. So much to do - never enough time.

Joe's building my battery box - photos later.  Along with the battery, I plan on putting my breakaway battery box in it as well as my junction box for the trailer wiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment