Thursday, May 24, 2018

Post # 14 - Streetside and Curbside framework

I've spent the past two weeks or so pulling staples, nails and screws out of the framework for the streetside and curbsides.  I've also removed the most rotten wood and replaced it with new, and reinforced where the wood was questionable in a few spots. My foam cutter came from Amazon so I insulated the streetside - when I can find the time I will do the same thing for the curbside framework. (Camping season has arrived).  The outside curved edges were replaced with 1/4" X 1.5" strips, glued and stapled to make it 1.5" thick (or as close to it as I could get it).  I'm glad I had lots of clamps, but still think I could have used a few more of the screw to tighten type (see the last photo). Lots of photos of the black rot in the perimeter framework.















In the background of this photo
is the interior of the streetside framework, already cleaned up, repaired, & insulated, with wires for the lights run through the insulation and framework. 


Clamping the new curbing over the curve in the front.  Did the same thing for the back end.




No comments:

Post a Comment