Monday, April 16, 2018

Post #9 - More Chassis work

Update on the Chassis work we've been doing this past week.  Joe created hangers for the black pipe I'm using for the Propane lines alongside the trailer, and welded them to the curb side of the chassis. Joe got the safety chains and new spring mounts welded on to the frame and the springs attached to the axle.  I wired the new brakes, and I'm waiting for the junction box I ordered to arrive to finish that part of the wiring process.  I also purchased a breakaway switch from e-trailer and will get that attached too after it arrives. We finally found the number on the bearings and race/cup so we've gotten those ordered too.
We got the area on the tongue for the battery, and propane tanks prepped & they have been installed and painted.  Then I primed, painted and mounted the step, plus primed & painted the  chassis too, so it's ready to go.  Once we get the new bearings, breakaway switch and junction box in next week and installed, I can go back to prepping the framework for the floor and side walls, etc.  Here are a few photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment