Monday, November 25, 2019

Post # 36 * November - Trimming doors, fridge, and cabinets


The refrigerator cabinet is the first cabinet I put trim around and it looks pretty good.  I think I'm going to paint the door to match the range and range hood.

For some strange reason the new birch paneling started to delaminate around my kitchenette (first photo).  It was especially bad around the drawer units, so I had to come up with a solution to cover it. The space between the drawers was larger than the trim I had that I was using around the fridge and doors, so I decided to use some screen door trim that I was also using as trim over the seams. Since I had to use two pieces to cover the space I filled the groove between with some pencil molding I'd purchased for another project.

Delamination on cabinet

Screen door and pencil trims. 

Drawer unit trimmed.
Trim around all openings in kitchenette.





I'd always planned on putting cedar in the closet from day one.  I've found it easier to use if I cut off the tongue and groove edges and just glue it to the framework of the closet (held with 22 gauge pin nails).

Cedar T&G boards in the closet.




$5.00 Shelf in the closet & closet rod with the light.

I put quarter round moulding around the bottom edges of the cabinets that I didn't have gimp on to give it a finished look. For not having any training in woodworking, I think I've done a pretty good job. I still have to do a little touch up on some of the paint around the inner edges but every thing is looking the way I want it to. 


Trim around the lower cabinets in potty room. 

Trim around the closet and bathroom doors.



Trim around entrance door. 

Trim on inside potty room door.

 Lots of clamps and pin nails...


No comments:

Post a Comment