Monday, November 25, 2019

Post # 34 - September - Insulation, Wrap, Wiring


I can't believe I haven't posted anything since August, but I have been busy working on the trailer. So I will do 3 posts covering September, October, and November. 

I left off just before I finished  wiring and insulating the rest of the trailer - I had started the project using 1.5" foam insulation and had enough to finish the project.  But then I got a great deal on 6 rolls of fiberglass batting at $5 a roll - enough to finish the project.  It was much easier and quicker than to cut out more foam insulation so that's what I did.
FRONT

CURB SIDE - FRONT

CURB SIDE BACK

Once the insulation was done I wrapped the trailer with EverBuilt house wrap/Floor underlayment, taping all seams, but leaving an opening in the door so I could work inside.






The wiring project got done before I put the wrap on, so I could have lights to work by. The first photo is of the Ground buss bar at the back of the cabinet partially wired.  I made a frame to hold the Intellipower converter mounted under a shelf in the lower half of the closet.  Then realized I needed to have easy access to the back where all the wiring is so I cut it and put a piano hinge on it so I can flip it open.   I still ended up trimming the sides so I could open it when I put cedar on the walls.

Hubby finally came out ( about 20 days later after the wrap was on) and looked over my wiring progress and had me change a few things I had wired wrong and checked each circuit of the 12 Volt and 120 Volt systems. Everything works as it should.  Almost all lights are 12 volt and all outlets are 120 volts.







The one light that is 120 volt is the propane light fixture I converted using a Designer Clip light with a tiny base. The clip fits into the hole the mantle would have gone into and the wire is run through the pipe. Hubby did a little welding on the base to close the holes where the propane pipe came in and where the on off switch was located. Then we drilled a smaller hole and put in a pull chain to turn it on and off. When he was done welding I repainted it Bright Brass to match the rest of my hardware.







No comments:

Post a Comment