Sunday, December 1, 2019

Post # 37 Toilet seat, sink cover.

It turned cold this weekend (18 degrees) so I stayed inside and did a little crafting on a few of the items for the trailer.  I'd purchased a wooden toilet seat and had decided to do a little pyrotechnic wood burning design on it.  I choose two floating Mallards and used a bit of paint.  I'm pretty pleased with the results.



The other thing  I did was Modge Podge some fabric to the back side of the sink cover I made from the counter cutout.  Once dry I sprayed with a clear overcoat.




Underside of sink cover with fabric Modge Podged on.

 Top side with Jade boomerang Wilsonart Formica. 

Sink has been repaired and installed. You can't even tell where the chip in the corner was, unless to feel for it.  So happy with the results. Here is the link to the company I got color chips to choose from: https://www.historichouseparts.com/images/product/PorcAFixColorChart.jpg Call and talk to a rep who will gladly    help to narrow down your choice.

I chose to add a kick plate to the side of the fridge cabinet when I found this textured aluminum at Home Depot. I used some bright brass screws to attach it to the cabinet. Hopefully it will keep the cabinet from getting too marred up.

I still have a few more strips of trim to shellac and install but I ran out of trim.  Will have to purchase a bit more next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment