Wednesday, September 16, 2020

POST #38 - 9/2020 - Windows, cargo doors, and vent covers.

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted anything since last year when I got the inside to the point I couldn't move forward because it got too cold for me to work outside & so I had to wait until the weather warmed back up. Some of it I couldn't do until I got the skin on.  And to put the skin on I needed hot, hot weather which we didn't get until August of 2020.

And after a trip to Hawaii in January, Covid-19 in February, Quilt Camp in March, I was busy with other stuff until April. Once Spring became a thing, I set up my popup tent with screened sides and set my tables up inside to work on.  

This trailer has 7 windows, three roof vents, a vent for a fan and one for the range hood. It also has an electrical and two water inlets. I went through each window and took it apart, removing the glue and silicone that were holding the jalousie windows in place (broke a few getting them out), replacing cracked and broken windows. 

I did spend most of the spring (from April) cleaning up, acid bathing, polishing, and re gasketing all of the windows, the rock guard and the cargo doors.   Vintage trailer gaskets had everything I needed to reseal all of the windows. 

I also painted the cargo doors, and vent covers black, so the trailer will primarialiary silver and black outside.









No comments:

Post a Comment