Sunday, July 7, 2019

Post #31 - Catching up - wiring, fridge, propane lines

I can't believe I haven't posted since April, but I've been busy Camping, getting ready for camping, and working on the trailer.

We just installed the tiny sink and faucet in the bathroom  - I still need to build a cabinet to hide the plumbing and connect water to it, but I think it looks really cute.  Glad I will be able to brush my teeth somewhere other than in the kitchen sink.



Other items I've completed since Aprils last posting.


Curb side cone light installed. Still have to create doors for these upper cabinets, since they'd removed them before I bought the trailer.


Street side cone light and upper cabinet. 


Upper bunk boards, still have to put the hinges and front edge board on.


View of the upper bunk from underneath.


Closet wiring area. The converter/fuse box will go into the frame under the shelf and be wired there.  The outside cord will be hard wired into it, and all wires except the refrigerator will go there too.  Refrigerator will go directly to the battery. 


I started to add curbing to the back edge one day to see how it would go.  Worked well so it should go pretty quickly when I get to that point. 


USB charger, cigaret lighter outlet for charging, and a meter for the battery, all on an on/off switch so it won't draw down the battery when not in use. 



Cabinet over the refrigerator baffle back sealed up.  Still need to paint the putty around the edges to make it blend in better. 


The refrigerator cabinet with the 2 vents, and (from right to left) switches for the porch light and upper light,  the outlet for fridge and light, a junction box for out side and front outlets and propane connection.

If I didn't mention it before this trailer came with a brown range and hood. I managed to purchase this reddish one from my friend Penny, who wanted a cream one in her new old trailer.  I love it - as it brightens the whole look of the interior. I may still put the original fan in behind the stove top, so I have more venting capability. 

Someone had put in a short duct that only filled about half the cutout for it, so my hubby created a new one that filled the entire hole. I removed all the wiring, fan, and hardware that could be removed. Then I gave it a light sanding, cleaned it well, and repainted with automotive paint.  Afterwards I put everything back inn place and installed it - looks pretty good.  

I took the top off of the range (so things couldn't fall on it & chip the porcelain)  & dry fit the range to see if it will fit, and figure out how to cut the counter top out around the range.  I hope to get the counter top ready to instal in the next week or two. 


I spent a quite a few days cleaning the old silicone and butyl tape goop off of the refrigerator vents and 9" rooftop vents with WD-40, 0000 steel wool, and lots of elbow grease. Still have to spray with aluminum brightener, and polish, but it is one step closer to being ready to install. 
More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment