Friday, January 25, 2019

Post #25 - Foam and Cushion covers

I think I've gotten all the cabinets ready to install, and all the fronts redone so they look like I want.  Now I have to wait for a bit of warmer weather so I've turned my attention to cutting the foam to length and width, and laying out and sewing the fabric for the covers.

I found 6"  high density foam at Walmart that would suit my needs, so I bought enough to make everything.   I couldn't find a 15" piece, but they did sell 30" wide pieces so I cut them down to the length I needed and split the 30" in half. Using my electric knife I'd bought years ago with the bread knife blade attachment worked really well at cutting this stuff.

I'm doing a stripe for the back of the cushions/bed and a solid brown for the cushion seats.

Here a  photo of the seat back fabric, laminate & marmoleum choices : 
And a few photos of the foam, and completed covers.  I used velcro to inclose the foam inside.




I even managed to match the stripes pretty closely.  After I finish the other sides back cushions , I will be working on the seat cushions in the solid brown.
 I think after I'm done with this project I will go out and shellac the trim pieces, so they are ready when I need them.

One step at a time, as time permits...


No comments:

Post a Comment